In a sweeping look at which streets are the best across the country, Realestate.com.au revealed the 10 most popular streets based on where users do the most searching. Six of the winners are in Victoria, making a case for the southern part of the nation.
Here’s a look at their list, with our take on what makes these locations popular with potential home buyers.
The most popular streets to live on across Australia are:
- Wolseley Road, Point Piper, NSW.
Right next to the Sydney harbour, it’s hard to argue that this wouldn’t be a great place to live.
- Highett Street, Richmond, VIC.
This location is apparently most popular among young people.
- Watts Parade, Mount Eliza, VIC.
Also near water, this street is a great location for large family homes.
- Wiltshire Drive, Kew, VIC.
Enjoy easy access to and views of Melbourne on this popular Kew street.
- Francis Street, Yarraville, VIC.
Close enough to the city for commuters, this quiet street is also near popular shopping strips.
- Sandy Bay Road, Sandy Bay, TAS.
This Hobart street is right near the water’s edge and provides excellent River Derwent views.
- Beach Road, Black Rock, VIC.
This street is all about beach life for Melbourne dwellers.
- Kunyung Road, Mount Eliza, VIC.
The second Mount Eliza location in the top ten, this street is another one basically touching the beach.
- Point Nepean Road, Portsea, VIC.
This street is a popular location for holiday homes to take time away from Melbourne city life.
- Palm Beach Drive, Patterson Lakes, VIC. Think water proximity is a trend among the most popular locations? You’re right. This is another street that has ideal sea access.
What we can learn from the data
First, it’s clear that when searching for their dream home, Australians like to think about living right next to the water’s edge. This is not really a surprise, considering 85 per cent of Australians live within 50 km of the coast, and the country has more coastline than any other country in the world, with over 10,000 beaches, according to Travellers Contact Point.
Though Sydney does come in at number 1, it is a little surprising that it’s home to the only top-ten street in NSW, considering Sydney is the largest city nationwide.
If you want to find the ideal loan for you, speak to our team today.